Wednesday

House of Prayer No. 2 by Mark Richard

There's just not enough good I can say about this book. It's everything I wanted it to be. Richard tells some horrific stories, having his bones nailed together and spending summers in a body cast, and incredible stories. Most exciting for fans, he tells how he came up with the idea that would become the first line of his excellent short story "Strays" (I didn't find it online, but check it out in this collection. It is probably my favorite all-time short story).

The book is full of gorgeous moments, and there are too many good things to say about it. So instead of writing a full-on, comprehensive review, I'm just going to pretend that Mr. Richard honored me by asking me to write one of those short quotes for the back cover.


"There's nothing number 2 about it. Pure winner."


"Reading Mark Richard...if he was telling you these stories out loud, you would reach across and touch his hand just to see if he was real."


"Dazzling. Just dazzling. If this book were an X-Man, it would be Dazzler. Or Wolverine."

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Cover My Ass Time: This is all happening in a magical, fictional universe. Any resemblance to anything ever is strictly the product of a weak imagination, for which I apologize.